8TH ANNUAL HALTON ECO FESTIVAL:a free, earth day environmental fair
on Saturday, April 19, 2008
Organized by the: Oakville Community Centre for Peace, Ecology and Human Rights
P.O. Box 52007, Oakville, ON L6J 7N5, Phone/Fax: (905) 849-5501
DEAR ORGANIZATION CONCERNED ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT,
The premiere showcase event for the environment in Halton Region has a new date and a new theme in 2008. The eighth annual Halton Eco Festival will undoubtedly be our best ever because we are promoting it as a free, Earth Day environmental fair. For the first time, it will take place during Earth Week when people are the most interested in the environment. We feel it will be well-attended because we have made it a free-to-attend event on Saturday, April 19, 2008.
– Register by Thursday, November 22 and receive a 10% discount on all of your expenses.
– HEN Member Groups receive a 20% discount if registered by November 22, 2007.
Reduced rates for small business and not-for-profit exhibitors!
– All exhibitors receive a 10’ x 10’ space.
– $75 for environmental, non-governmental organizations and other not-for profit groups.
– $250 for small businesses.
– $350 for businesses with +$1M revenues.
SPONSORSHIP RATES ARE VERY REASONABLE!
– All sponsors receive a 10’ x 20’ space, free advertising in the event programme, and their logo attached to all promotional materials.
– Rates are $500 for non-profits, $1000 for small businesses, and $2000 for governments and larger businesses.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER VERY EXCITING UPDATES:
* New theme of “sustainability”.
* A one-day only event in 2008.
* Great opportunity to “host and sponsor” one of sixteen themed areas to be highlighted on the green marketplace floor.
* Align your organization or brand with the universal movement to sustainability and well-being and network with others.
* New layout and floor design in 2008.
* Everyone participating in the annual Earth Week Clean Up in Oakville on the same day in the morning will be encouraged to attend the eco festival for the rest of the day and to organize carpooling to the Glen Abbey Rec Centre.
* A great kid’s eco fun area featuring educational activities and worm races to promote composting in 2008.
* A super-memorable experience for you and the visitors.
* Sponsors confirmed to date include the Regional Municipality of Halton, the Town of Oakville and the Canadian Diabetes Association.
Thank you very much. I look forward to your participation in the 2008 Halton Eco Festival.
For the earth,
Stephen Dankowich, executive director, OCCPEHR